“The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him for he is your Lord.” This is what I am letting my heart dwell on these days.
Here are some things I am going to do to enjoy my day a little bit more:
1. Eat a good breakfast. I ate some Stoneyfield yogurt and a handful of raisinettes for my breakfast today. I also had a multi-vitamin and some allergy medicine with 2 huge glasses of water! The wildflowers in Texas make me have flu-like symptoms if I don’t take the medicine (they are beautiful by the way). So eat good food, take vitamins, and allergy medicine if you have allergies.
2. My parent read a book once (i forgot what it’s called) that said you cannot become a millionaire unless you make your bed everyday. Believe what you will, but making my bed in the mornings makes me feel so much better. It makes the whole room feel cleaner, and I’m not opposed to it somehow bringing in a little extra income on the side.
3. Speaking of making the bed, cleaning the house is also a really good thing to do everyday. When my house is clean I feel so much more freedom to spend time outside on my back porch making lists of goals for the future, journaling, spending time with Jesus, turning my bathroom into a homemade spa. Really, if all it takes it picking up the things off the floor to inspire me to more beautiful things, maybe it will do the same for you. A clean house is refreshing and only takes a couple of minutes every day.
4. Spend time with Jesus. Basically, I am saying this to myself. There is no excuse for not doing this. Watching How I Met Your Mother should never come before time with the Lord. I mean, there is nothing wrong with watching t.v in bed. In fact, it is one of my most favorite hobbies. But King Jesus should always come first. And how beautiful is an afternoon with Him, a good cup of tea and the wind blowing through the house?
5. Write things down. Writing down beautiful things makes me want to do those beautiful things. Writing down hard things makes me want to change those hard things. Writing down lists helps me to accomplish the things on those lists. I am going to journal more.
6. Wear something that feels good. Even if you don’t take a shower. Something that feels soft against your skin or something that makes you look amazing always makes the day better. Seriously, even if you have to give away everything in your closet and wear the same 5 things over and over again it is better to like what you are wearing. I just went to the thrift store and bought some cute, comfortable clothes that I just love. Actually, my friend Carley just did a blog for me about summer fashion on a budget that I am going to blog about very soon. Just so you know.
7. I am going to try this today! I was searching the internet for different blogs and tips on the home and things like that and came across this recipe for nourishing your hair. Now I just have to check and see if we have mayonnaise…
Nourish Your Hair
What you’ll need:
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. honey
Preparation; Mix the honey and the mayonnaise well and apply it to hair starting at the roots down. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute the mask and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then rinse with water
So these are just a few of the things that inspire me to have a more restful and beautiful day. Probably I will think of a lot more things to add to this, but I am going to try to make them all daily habits of goodness.